Sunday, January 6, 2013

Walking home from the grocery store at dusk, I decide to walk on the north side of Shafter. We live on the south side, so for 26 years, I've walked on the south side, which is closest to Bart and Market Hall. Walking on the north side, every looks just a bit different ... the small across-the-street houses look much larger. I see into living rooms I'm not used to seeing. In our neighborhood of old houses, the small living rooms filled with wood trim and wainscoting are often visible from the street. I hear children yelling as they play in one house, loud music in another. Trees, shrubs, flowers, everything is a bit different. How we can get into a well-worn path over the years, without even realizing it. It's good to shake things up once in a while, even in small ways.

1 comment:

Duff said...

Isn't it fun to have these tiny, but invigorating awareness of our normal environment? Glad you are doing the "stones".